Aspen Land Group Inc. is an environmental consulting company located in Edmonton, AB that provides environmental and regulatory support to the aggregate and peat industry. We are seeking an energetic and enthusiastic individual to join our team. We offer a dynamic and collaborative work environment that encourages and supports the growth and development of our employees.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Professional or equivalent for a full time permanent position. In this position you would be responsible for conducting and coordinating various environmental assessments in addition to preparing regulatory applications for the aggregate and/or peat industry.
- Management of projects to meet timelines and budgets.
- Prepare regulatory authorization applications and reports under the Code of Practice for Pits, Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, Water Act, Public Lands Act, and municipal bylaws.
- Function as a liaison between industry clients, and provincial and municipal governments and other third-parties such as indigenous communities.
- Coordinate and perform field assessments including but not limited to detailed pre-disturbance biophysical assessments, wetland assessments, detailed site assessments of reclaimed sand and gravel pits, and/or aggregate drilling.
- Prepare and review work plans and cost estimates.
- Determine regulatory assurance with regulations and operations.
- Develop and maintain positive client relations and manage client needs.
- Post-secondary education and relevant accreditation in either environmental sciences, environmental engineering, forestry, biology or equivalent.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience as a registered professional working in environmental regulatory permitting, preferably in the sand and gravel industry.
- Professional designation with the Alberta Institute of Agrologists of Alberta, the Association of Professional Engineers and Geoscientists of Alberta, the College of Alberta Professional Foresters, or the Alberta Society of Professional Biologists.
- Strong computer skills and competence using Windows, Microsoft Office, Google products and Adobe.
- Comprehensive knowledge and understanding of the Code of Practice for Pits, Water Act, Public Lands Act, Environmental Protection and Enhancement Act, and associated regulations.
- Experience with the Alberta Wetland Policy is considered an asset.
- Experience with GIS, AutoCAD, UAV processing is considered an asset.
- Ability to work outdoors and travel periodically throughout the province.
- Willingness to mentor junior staff.
- Project management experience.
- Excellent communication, writing, and organizational skills.
- A positive attitude related to Health and Safety.
- Valid Class 5 driver’s license.
What We Offer
- Competitive Salary
- Group Life and Health Benefits
- RRSP and Employer Contributions
Please send a cover letter, a regulatory application writing sample (as *.docx file), and a resume